How do you keep the yogic energy alive when you’re working your ass off trying to make great things happen and achieve your dreams? It’s not really the inspiration that’s difficult, that is always there. It’s the energy levels and sheer amount of time in one day that seems difficult to manage. For those of you who pay attention to this yogi-health-roxtar-life blog, I promise it will not die! It is merely undergoing transformation and will be back with a vengeance soon my friends. Very soon.
- I am doing a spontaneous roxy-style cleanse this week.Â It entails of no alcohol, wheat, dairy, processed foods, sugar, caffeine, cheese, parmesan, cheddar, oh, I said cheese already.Â I am inspired by this cleanse by yoga journal, although at this point I have made up my own little routine.Â I also like this cleanse by Dr. Doulliard.Â It’s important to do what you can, do what aligns with your values, lifestyle, and tastes, and don’t take it too seriously.Â If you have a time of year you always get sick, cleanse a month prior to prevent it.
- I take one day off a week. Period.
- I have sacrificed my yoga a bit, but not my meditation practice.
- I have sacrificed sleep. I get up as early as needed to feel good about what I can get done in a day.
- I sing karaoke.Â It’s surprisingly inspiring.
PS. Doing 108 Sun Salutations was amazing!Â It took 2.5 hours, my ham strings were worked afterwords, and I’m going to do it every year and I’m going to try to do it on the solstices/equinoxes.Â Whose with me?