I survived my four-day spring cleanse and I am feeling amazing. Have you ever felt a little off, but didn’t even know you did until something or someone pointed it out? For me, I was feeling slightly unhealthy lately, a little chubby, bloated, and feeling like I couldn’t control it or change it. I noticed that it was affecting my self confidence. It’s amazing, but 4 measly days has given me the boost I needed. My energy is high. I learned that part of my problem was that I wasn’t going to the source. If you don’t change your mind, there is no way your health will change. It’s like putting a bandaid on a problem.Â I was slightly stressed, wasn’t taking great care of myself, and I needed to take a step back and relax.Â But I wasn’t admitting I needed that step back, so I was just kind of hovering there.Â Ahhhh, the paths we must take to get to where we are.Â I have found renewed appreciation for ayurveda and cleansing.Â Both are great practices when done gently, with love.
Somethings I learned..
- Taking a weekend off of eating out and drinking alcohol should be a more regular practice.
- Kitcheree when traveling is wonderful.
- Yin yoga and meditation are my new morning friends.
- Ayurvedic practices feel really good to my whole being. More than counting calories or competing with my man friend for healthfulness.
- I want to eat more naturally. Whole grains and veggies. Less processed.
- I want to use dairy and fat as more of a treat and less of a main course.
- I want to remember that treats are yummy when enjoyed periodically. When they become a regular practice they aren’t so much treats anymore.
- I really enjoyed having Holly & my friends support on the cleanse. I don’t have to be miserable to take better care of myself. She gave us the right amount of flexibility and I feel like she showed me how to listen to my body better when trying to cleanse.Â In the past I was too strict and hard on myself.
You know it’s time for something when…
You are sad that you aren’t at work to enjoy tamale day. Really?
A day off of drinking is only having 1-3 drinks.
Eating 5 meals out in a weekend is normal.
You feel like you don’t have food at home if you don’t have rosemary triscuits and cheese in the house.
You wear your “fat” clothes. You know you’ve got ’em.
You notice other peoples weight or shape and compare yourself to them. Normally, I think I’m just a different kind of awesome.
You accidentally eat a whole bag/box of something without noticing.
You can’t sleep.
You keep getting sick.
You get all bijigity over something or someone unnecessarily.
You aren’t as smiley lately.